Exercise underpins all areas of Physiotherapy and it is something we are passionate about delivering in an expert manner in the clinic. At Great Northern Physiotherapy we have a rehab studio reserved at all times specially set up for one to one and small group exercise classes. We aim to be innovative with our classes and we only ever hold small group sessions to allow for expert analysis and coaching. Please see below for our current exercise classes. Classes can be booked on a discounted block booking or Pay as you go basis, please see our online booking portal for class dates and bookings.
This class progressively trains and improves your dyanamic core stability. As such this class is perfect if you:
- Have chronic spinal pain or have had previous back injuries or sciatica
- Train or compete in sport regularly. Dynamic core rehab is a really effective way of preventing injury and is used in elite sport for this reason.
- Suffer with Osteoarthritis in a lower limb joint. Neuromuscular stability is crucial for long term management of these joints
- Have found benefit from Pilates in the past and want to take your rehab and exercise to the next level!
Complete Core has been designed and led by Faye Button. Faye is an experienced Sports Rehabiltator and Tennis coach and is set to complete her Physiotherapy training in January next year at the University of Lincoln!
Complete Core in on Mondays at 7pm-8pm
Relax and Restore Yoga
This class focuses on flexibility of the body and calming the nervous system to ease physical and mental tension. This can be very useful for managing immobility, improving flexibility and controlling stress and anxiety. Yoga is frequently used in elite sport as an adjunct to heavy training programs as a method to improve recovery and muscular and nervous system reduce tension.
Relax and Restore Yoga is Thursday 7-8pm
Barre is a fitness hybrid workout class, inspired by elements of ballet, dance, yoga, pilates and strength training
Barre helps to:
- improve your balance
- build core strength
- improve stability
- increase your flexibility
- burn calories
We have everything you will need here in the studio! Is Barre just for dancers? Absolutely not! Anyone can Barre!
Barre Fitness is on Tuesday’s 12:30-1:30pm.
Prices & Booking:
If you are unsure what session is suitable for you please contact us